Camp MAC is located at the Manhattan Arts Center 1520 Poyntz Ave. Manhattan, KS 66502.
Phone: 785-537-4420. Office hours: Mon-Fri 12:00-5:30.
Camp Director: Michele Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Camp Manager: Kim Belanger
Fees & Enrollment Policies
• Two-week theatre or art camp tuition: $180 • One-week half-day camp tuition: $90 (for each 9am-12pm or 1-4pm, five-day session). To enroll in a week of full-day camp, you must enroll in the morning and the afternoon sessions separately. Whole day camp tuition is $180 per week.
• Week 1 (May 30-June 2) is from Tuesday-Friday and is prorated to $80.
• Morning camps are from 9:00am-12:00pm. Afternoon camps are from 1:00-4:00pm. Full day camp is from 9:00am-4:00pm. (Full days include supervised lunchtime. MAC does NOT provide food.)
• Morning drop-off is from 8:50-9:00am, afternoon drop-off is from 12:50-1:00pm. Please do not drop your child off any earlier.
• Morning pick-up is at 12:00pm, afternoon or full day pick up is at 4:00pm.
• Camp MAC is for kids who have finished kindergarten up to kids who have finished 8th grade.
• Enrollment is taken on a first come, first served basis. Once a camp week is full, your child’s name will be put on the waiting list in the order it was received.
• Enroll online at active.com (search for “Camp MAC”) or in person at the Manhattan Arts Center office (M-F 12-5:30pm).
• Once you create an online account, you will receive access to a parent portal where you can register your children for each camp without having to re-enter their contact information or waiver forms.
• Each camper must have a set of permission forms completed prior to the start of camp.
• A minimum of 50% of each session's fee is due at the time of enrollment to hold your child's spot.
• $20 of each session fee is a non-refundable deposit.
• Sessions must be paid in full oneweek prior to the first day of a camp session.
• Payment plans are available for multiple week sessions. Please ask us if you need this option.
• Scholarships are available for kids who qualify for free or reduced school lunch. Military families receive a 10% discount. (This can't be used with the lunch scholarship: the higher of the two discounts will apply.)
• A non-refundable $20 deposit will be held for each camp session.
• If you cancel your registration more than one week before the starting date, you will receive a full refund (less the deposit) for your paid amount.
• A partial refund (less the deposit) will be given if your registration is canceled between one week and 48 hours prior to the start date.
• Refunds will not be given for cancellation within 48 hours of the start of camp.
• Weeks will not be prorated for partial attendance.
In the event circumstances arise beyond MAC’s control, MAC reserves the right to cancel a camp. You will be notified as soon as possible if that happens. Decisions will be made 2 business days prior to camp start.
What to Expect at Camp MAC
What to Bring/Wear:
• Dress in play clothes that can get dirty and NO FLIP-FLOPS, please! (athletic shoes preferred).
• A water bottle and snack (MAC does not provide food).
• A hat and/or sunscreen for walks to the park.
• Lunch (if they're here all day- use an ice pack if necessary) MAC DOES NOT SUPPLY FOOD.
Classes will be divided into approximately grades K-2, 3-5, and 6-8. All projects will be age appropriate.
Personal Electronics Policy
• We strongly advise your children to leave their personal electronic devices or any other valuables at home. MAC is not responsible for any damage that occurs, and we have no place to lock them up.
• No electronics will be allowed in class.
• No videos, games, or social media may be used during camp.
• Camp MAC staff reserves the right to take away any electronics that become a problem during camp.
Drop off/Pick up/Absences:
• All drop offs and pick ups will occur at the front door in our main building.
• The adult dropping off and picking up must come in to sign their child in/out.
• The adult picking up must be a parent or on the list of people authorized to pick up. Photo ID will be required for an adult other than a parent who is picking up a child.
If you drop your child off late and the front door is locked (which will happen in the mornings), please ring the doorbell!
Please notify us if your child will be absent, dropped off late, or picked up early. No refunds will be issued for missed days.
• If your child is walking or riding home alone, we must have your permission. You must be available by phone in case of bad weather. Staff is not authorized to transport children.
Most of our camps will be held in the MAC theatre or creative arts studio. We will also be holding some classes and lunchtimes at Theodore Roosevelt Elementary School or at nearby Longs Park or City Park. If we plan a field trip outside of these locations, permission forms will be sent home. Please notify us if you will be picking your child up early in case we are at the park! You must pick your child up at MAC.
If your child is not following the rules listed on the behavior contract (in the permission forms packet), Camp MAC staff and director will work together to resolve the issue with the child. If the behavior escalates, a parent will be notified. Manhattan Arts Center reserves the right to exclude the child from camp. The exclusion will be at the instructor's and the office’s discretion.
Minor injuries will receive appropriate first aid. In the event of an extreme medical emergency requiring immediate treatment, the following procedures will be followed:
• Families will be notified and, concurrently, the staff will contact emergency personnel.
• The responding emergency team will determine whether hospitalization is necessary.
• If a hospital visit is required, the child will be transported to the closest hospital by ambulance.
• In the event the injury does not require an ambulance, but does require a hospital visit, you will be contacted and may elect to have a staff member transport your child to the hospital where you can join them.
• If the parents are not available, staff will notify the emergency contacts listed on the enrollment form.
• Parents are responsible for all costs involved in emergency medical treatment.
Check the FB group "Camp MAC" for updates and photos, or to post questions or comments!
Online enrollment is powered by
Active.com! **If the link to Active doesn't connect, please try a different internet browser.